POONCH, Jan 18: Former MLC, Dr. Shehnaz Ganai today visited village Degwar Maldayalan and inquired about the health of Nizam Din who was injured while trying to extinguish the fire that occurred due to short circuit of power supply.
It is pertinent to mention here that the whole property lying inside the
house was completely lost and one buffalo was also burnt alive in this fire
Dr. Ganai was informed that nothing has left with the family now as their whole savings and belongings were turned into ash due to the devastating fire.
Dr. Ganai appealed to the district administration for timely compensation to the family on humanitarian grounds. She talked to the District Development Commissioner, Poonch and demanded timely compensation.
She also appealed some local social organizations and NGOs to come forward for help to the victim family with beddings and clothing in this harsh cold season. She also requested religious scholars to appeal all kind and benevolent persons to help the needy family through.